Wednesday, March 25, 2015

I watched a couple of Mendes videos last night, one on a half guard pass and one on the bolo. I watched the passing one a couple of times and wanted to drill it a bit before class. Didn't get there quite early enough though so only got to play with it a bit. It's similar to the smash pass that Leah showed at the Feb seminar but with a knee cut finish that seemed more doable, at least for me. I worked it a little bit before class.

One of the warm-ups was moving from DLR to RDLR via the sickle sweep. I've been trying to hit the tripod sweep and then sickle sweep, but this seems more efficient. I'm going to have to drill this a lot to rewire my body to do it a different way.

Technique was DLR back-take, baby bolo from DLR and the sickle sweep. Felt great with all of them. Need to remember to raise my butt off the ground and hop behind them instead of sliding. Something he did different for the back-take was to step with the free leg and then shoot the hook to the far hip. 

KOTH b/c morning class was huge with over 20 ppl. Rolled with Sarah for awhile with what felt like a very technical roll. Then white belt Chris, who I pulled into my guard and didn't let out until I had an arm-bar. Started to go with blue belt Chris and then time was called.

No comments: