Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Tuesday

Whew.

Did 8min rounds for close to an hour, alternating between James and Sarah. I wasn't working anything in particular, just trying to roll smart and hard. Focusing on capitalizing on opportunities instead of trying to force techniques that aren't there. 

James said that I'm still pretty stiff with my legs in guard. I'm fully extending my legs in situations where that isn't ideal. Aside from that, he said that I'm understanding the body better and my movement seems more instinctual. 

From my perspective, I realized what I need to do with my take-down plan. I was doing a decent job of initially preventing grips when I was outside of a guard, but in deep entanglements I'm not managing them. I also haven't been addressing pant grips in top reverse half guard. 

Overall it was a great session and something that would be awesome to do regularly but that's probably not possible. 

My only concern heading into Pans is being able to be warm enough before the match. It's really a bummer that there is NO matted area to warm-up before matches.

No comments: