Monday, March 30, 2015

Sunday

Had plenty of time to come up with a plan for drilling but mind was too scattered to really focus. Ended up working on a number of different areas. The osoto gari from yesterday, the pass from Rafa that I've watched several times (see below), rewiring my brain and muscles to go from DLR to a sickle sweep instead of a tripod sweep, grip breaks from standing in a guard (both feet and hands) and can't remember what else. 

I cannot seem to generate the necessary pressure on Rafa's pass to keep their leg from coming up. I've struggled mightily with the arm-weave with the leg pass and this is one of the major points that comes up regardless of how I try to finish it. If you can't kill the leg, you'll never really get started.

Got pretty much decimated in all of the rolls. Jason S. said that my technique seems to be improving. It's encouraging for him to say that, but I sure don't see it.


 

No comments: