Friday, March 20, 2015

Fri Morn No Gi

Meeeeeeeeeeeeh.

Woke up late and not feeling great. Not sick and not especially fatigued, just not...great.

Remembered my spats for the first time and felt warm in a hurry. There's no way I'll be able to wear those under gi pants in the summer. No gi only.

Technique was pretty fun. Rolling back attack from top half guard, reverse side-control, and how to counter a rolling back attack. Did well with most of them, although raising up from reverse side control to grab their other foot and roll felt a little odd. 

Rolled with Jenny, Emily, Bailey and Christopher. Jenny is an MMA fighter and likes heel hooks. Apparently heel hooks are allowed at our gym, which I didn't know until she was applying one and I gave James the wtf face. I'm not crazy about allowing them for all belt levels, especially since we have never ever covered how to apply them safely or how to defend them in any of the classes that I've been to over the past 2+ years. But whatever. 

Emily and Bailey are still pretty new (only been to a couple of classes), so I flowed with them and tried to get them around to a bunch of different positions.

Christopher went for foot locks and a couple of armbars. I got out of the armbars only b/c I was sweaty. I got sucked into his guard and was then swept several times. I finally got myself a bit more of an advantageous position the last time we reset. He used a kimura grip for a good sweep too. Didn't do well in that roll at all.

 

No comments: