Friday, March 27, 2015

Friday

Considered riding my motorcycle to work and class but with the temp at 45F and foggy it seemed like less of a good idea in the morning.

Technique was attacking from back-control. Bow and arrow (remember to lean back toward their legs, not straight back or toward their head) and then chaining the bow-tie with a chicken-wing, ezekiel and arm-bar.

Rolled with Sarah, Laurie, Christopher, Jason W., Blaine and Emilie. All pretty good rolls. Christopher got me in an arm-bar that I was doing a good job of defending but I succumbed to a wrist-lock in the midst of my defense. I started standing with most everyone and ended up pulling guard. Jason said my guard pull was crappy b/c while I had enough control to push him away, I had nothing to pull him towards me. So he was able to back out and easily pass my guard. 

I felt like I had fairly good defense from bottom side-control even though he was playing heavy. 

Class was good, but found out that a close friend received some real bad news yesterday. So there's not much else that I have to say about class.

No comments: