Friday, December 27, 2013

Friday Morning

My body is so ready to be done with jiu jitsu. If I hadn't committed to going with some friends I wouldn't have gone this morning. Almost definitely not doing the no gi class tonight.

Odd mix of people today, with some of the regulars out of town and others off of work/school. We went over passes, which was great because I need a lot of work on those. An awful lot. I could tell that both my mind and body were a little bit off b/c I was struggling a bit with the technique.

Rolls with Rachel, Nate, Ben, Clayton. Rachel was dominating the first part of the roll but I was able to rally out of a head-arm choke and eventually got to mount. Somehow I passed Nate's guard but wasn't able to stay on top for very long. Ben was doing a good deal of crushing but couldn't capitalize. I felt bad, but I just relaxed at one point when he had mount b/c he's a heavy guy and I was pretty fatigued. He tried to work on a submission and when an opening came I escaped. I did that a couple of times with him. I don't want to do that too often, but my body wasn't a fan of constant motion today. Clayton was dominating the roll as well, and at one point I took my focus off of the choke he was setting up and it resulted in me tapping. I think he wanted me to move around more but I just didn't have it in me today. Sorry guys.

Manny got his fourth stripe, yippee! It is very well deserved. There's no way he should be left out of the Sunday advanced class. I'm really looking forward to having time to drill the techniques that I want to work on over and over again. Starts the first Sunday in January.

No comments: