Monday, December 23, 2013

Monday: Part II

First class at the Valley in 3 or 4 months. Very happy to see the guys with their purple belts. It was just Scott, Damon and I.

They've been working on a flow set of side-control escape, pass, and another side-control escape. This was excellent for me b/c bottom side is definitely my weakest position. We a basic regain guard by bridging into them and getting a knee in, a spin out underneath, weaving your arm for a far-side underhook while bellying down and then coming up for the legs, and finally bridging into them and getting your bicep to the side of their head and elbow to their near-side hip and collapsing back and over to the other side.

Roll with Scott and Damon at the end. Had good control of Scott for the majority of the roll. Had his back and worked non-stop for a bow and arrow. Finally was able to get my body positioned, but the grip was too low on his lapel. Transitioned to an arm-bar had too much of a pause and he was able to escape.

Damon got past my guard and threatened me with several submissions and bad positions. I was able to escape and we ended the roll in a neutral position.

Was great to roll with those guys again. Will hopefully get out there again on Thursday.

No comments: