Monday, December 23, 2013

Monday: Part III

Oh epsom salts, where art thou?

More people than I expected in class tonight. We went over sweeping your opponent from shin guard. I was working with Joyce, who had a sore shoulder. She assured me that the forward rolls were going to be ok. They were, until she rolled on the wrong shoulder for what we were doing...and then that was that. From then I let her work all of the sweeps.

Rolls with James, Jason (p), Van, Manny and Joey. Don't remember much about the rolls, except that Manny was submitting me all over the place. He needs to get his fourth stripe asap. Jason manhandled me as per usual. At this point, I think I'm mentally defeated before I even start rolling with him. I switched it up and worked some spider guard against Van, and that seemed to keep her at bay.

Came home to a crap ton of water in the driveway. Combination of melted snow and rain. So much so that I felt compelled to shovel it into a bucket and transport across the front yard. It required many, many bucket fillings to get the water down to an appropriate level. Apparently 4hrs of jiu jitsu wasn't enough activity for me today.

No comments: