Thursday, December 19, 2013

Big Fish

Another one of those weird classes where I was one of the higher ranked belts.

James took requests for technique, and for once...FOR ONCE...we did my request. :) We went over the same techniques from yesterday, which was using the 93 guard as an entry for deep half, knee-bar and/or a sweep. I don't think he's a big fan of repeating something two days in a row, but for something that was that complex, I was really grateful to get more reps on it. Was able to incorporate more details, which is kindof the whole point.

Rolls with C, Tom, Aaron, Savannah, Keith and James. Don't have much detail on them other than I had deep half on C multiple times and he was able to turn it into an arm-bar and/or get on top each time. I couldn't figure out why until James did it too, and I asked him what I was doing wrong. Apparently, there is a good reason why you put your head on their leg that is bent. That was an epiphany for me and a good lesson learned.

Body is feeling great. It's encouraging to be one of the oldest ones on the mat and to be the least winded at the end of rolling.

No comments: