Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Baked Chicken

No gi class tonight. Went over defenses to double-under guard pass. One was the baked chicken, where you keep your legs low, get your feet on their hips and walk your butt back and sit up. Pull up on their triceps while you push down on your legs. It is a terribly unflattering position to be in if it is being done to you. We also did the shoulder lock with two legs on one side and sliding one leg across and hooking on their hip for the shoulder lock instead of having both feet under them.

Rolls with Julio, C, Savannah, Jason (p) and then C again after class. We started standing and I tried to pull guard but was doing a pretty awful job of it. I'd get a smidge of a grip on their wrist and then sit back, but the problem is that I would fall back on to my back b/c I didn't have a strong enough grip. I don't know what I'm going to do at the tournament. I might actually try to take someone down. 

Julio let me work a bit. He seemed to have his foot off the gas tonight, which was nice for a change. C and I had a mildly scrambly roll. He kept rolling for bolos or some other back take. I was able to fend them off, and got to top side at one point. The second time we rolled I got to top half or quarter guard and was able to isolate his arm for an americana. Think that's the first time I've tapped him.

Savannah was dragging. Probably had a draining Muay Thai class just beforehand. I was able to easily defend her guard passes and was able to get on top. I think I got a sub but don't remember which one.

Jason was intent on getting as many toe holds and calf slicers as he could possibly rack up during the 5min roll. It's not at all enjoyable to roll with him, mainly b/c he doesn't take it down a notch and I'm worried he's going to apply something too quickly and injure me. The only good thing that I did of note was defend a knee bar, which was awesome b/c I didn't even know he was going for a knee-bar at the time. I thought he was doing a calf slicer. 

Will get one more class in this week and then take it easy for the couple of days leading to the tournament.

No comments: