Monday, December 16, 2013

It is NOT a Berimbolo

James has everyone convinced that I was a berimbolo machine at the tournament. I don't how to bolo. I try to defend against it in class, and am only intermittently successful. Apparently I did something against two different guys that strongly resembled a bolo. It's going to be a whole thing now. :p

Today we worked on an leg drag to back take that no one outside of James or Antone really understood. Jason and I did finally start to get the hang of it near the end. So many legs flopping around in the air. Between the two of us, there's only four legs, but it seems like six. That's partially due to the technique and partially to the fact that Jason and I have especially long legs.

Rolls with Jason, Julio, Sol and Antone. I'm doing this whole pass-to-the-right thing lately and it's definitely throwing people off just enough for me to have a chance at passing people that I normally can't pass. I don't remember much about my roll with Jason other than it was very competitive (i.e. equally matched). He did lock up a triangle at one point, but I was able to wriggle my arm out and get free. I don't think either one of us got a submission.

Julio is still letting me work my game. I worked closed guard and tried to get a back take. I didn't get my hand on the mat and he was able to pull me back down. I worked diligently for loop chokes, arm-bars, triangles, omoplatas, everything. He defended well, but I think it was a good roll for him too.

Sol got into top side-control and that was pretty much that. *sigh*

Antone tapped me with a wrist lock about 30 seconds into it. We reset and I protected my limbs better the second time around. He was definitely in control for the majority of the roll, but there were a couple of times where I was able to keep him off balance and get very close to a reversal. I gave him a good match, and near the end went for a kimura from top half. Terrible idea, as he was able to reverse it quickly, but the buzzer went off before he could finish.

Very happy that Antone is attending morning classes more often.

No comments: