Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Where Nobody Knows Your Name

11/20 - Morning

Tiny class. Started with take-downs as warm-ups. Russian tie to uchi mata to single leg pick. Russian tie, they push your face and try to face you. Throw their arm(s) up and drop for a double-leg.

Top side-control, breaking a death grip from the bottom by getting knee to sternum and taking it to a arm-bar. If they face away from you, you have the option of a straight arm-bar, a kimura or an arm-bar on the other arm. So slick.

Rolls with Dennis, Parker, and guy who's name I can't remember. We started the rolls from standing, and I almost fell over when Dennis pulled guard. Wuuuuuuuuuut??? We had a kindof a weird roll. Neither of us were in our groove, so there were several points of unintentional stalling while we tried to figure out what to do next.

I think Parker had the advantage early, but I worked him over for the remainder of the time. It not-so-secretly feels really good to work over someone who is twice your size. He picks up technique fast though, and it's going to be hard to keep him at bay once he gets the fundamentals down. I had mount at the end and was trying to figure out how if it was possible to finish an omoplata and maintain mount.

Guy who's name I don't remember was gassing out pretty hard. I took a loop choke opportunity b/c I've been trying it on higher level partners with no success. I maintained a mount or top side-control position for the remainder of the roll.

A quick minute with James at the end. He got me with a couple of silly (i.e. made me feel silly) sweeps. Near the end he went for a rolling back take and I made it a point to roll hard into it. I didn't get a superior position, but he didn't get my back either.


No comments: