Monday, November 11, 2013

Necks aren't Optional

11/11

Finally found out some of the results from my team. Savannah got gold in her division, Jimmy got silver...not sure about the rest. Really excited for them, especially Savannah. She's really improved her game in the past three months or so.

Apparently one of the bow and arrow attempts from earlier today made my neck unhappy. It felt a little off while I was at work, but by the time class started I knew I was in trouble. I tried to stretch it this and that, to no avail. We did an open mat for the first hour, and then a bit of technique at the end. I couldn't turn my head to the right, and any impact near my upper back, especially around my left shoulder was painful. I was grimacing quite a bit, and James asked me several times if I was ok. We were at odd numbers with him, and after a couple of rolls I sat out a round. It seemed to be a little bit better so I jumped back in. It inhibited my movement a bit, but it was more distracting than anything.

Rolls with Savannah (twice), Melissa, Michael, C, Colt and James. Nothing noteworthy, other than trying to grit my way through it. I knew I was doing some stupid things, but I gave myself a pass b/c of the pain. Hoping that I wake up tomorrow and it's all better. Positive thinking...

No comments: