Monday, November 11, 2013

Morning Open Mat

11/11

Open mat this morning. A couple of rolls with Julio, a couple with new guy Jeremy, one with Todd, one with Kelly and one with Ben. Only stayed for an hour so that I could get off work early enough to hit the night class too. Nothing remarkable about the rolls, except that I panicked at one point when Jeremy had my arm for an arm-bar and I realized that this might be the guy that heel-hooked Sol. Apparently a new guy claimed no knowledge of BJJ and then wrenched Sol's heel and wouldn't let go even though Sol was tapping, yelling, and finally punching the guy to get him to let go. Didn't seem to do permanent damage, but caused quite a stir. The guy claimed he couldn't hear Sol and wasn't trying to be a d. James didn't say anything about kicking the guy out, so I assume he was free to come back.

In any case, he didn't rip my arm off and I was able to escape.

I stepped on the scale and noted that I'm 6lb over my normal weight w/ gi. I'm not participating in tournaments anytime soon, so it's not a problem as far as that's concerned. However, to be 6lb over before the holidays even arrive is a bit alarming. Time to get back to lifting. Especially if I have the chance to do Pans and/or Worlds next year. I do not want to cut a couple of weeks out.

No comments: