Monday, November 18, 2013

Michael Grows Up

11/16

Michael received his blue belt at the start of class b/c it was his birthday, so no more orange belt for him. We shark-tanked him at the end of class, and I went about as hard as I could go for my minute. Did fairly well, although he was able to reverse at one point. Tried for an arm-bar but couldn't finish. Felt good to just go all out for a minute and see what I could do.

For the technique portion of class we went over spiderguard on a kneeling opponent to the omoplata and finishing with an arm-bar if they don't roll out of the omoplata. I don't remember what else we did, as I didn't take notes after class.

Roll with Antone, Michael and not sure who else.

Rolled with Antone again after class for awhile. I tried to get the bottom side-control shoulder lock on him and I think it was relatively close. He tried to toe hold him while I was applying it. We were both close but no cigar. He had me in a fairly bad position with an arm-bar and I was able to work my way out of it. I was proud of that one. Other than that, he got a ridiculous number of shoulder locks on my right side. Felt jacked up for most of the rest of the day. A day or two later and it's feeling good. So glad the joints/bones/muscles/tendons are so resilient....

No comments: