Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Four Arms

11/18 - Evening

Kelly was teaching since James was out, so he went over submissions from bottom side-control. Which submission did he choose? The one that yours truly attempts all the time. Trap their far side arm between your legs, weave your foot through and shrimp out to shoulder lock. Lucky me had a brand spanking new white belt to shepherd through this rather complicated move. To his credit, he picked up on it pretty quick. We also worked the inverted triangle and a transition to d'arce. A fairly complex set of movements for a novice crowd, but it is what it is.

Tried to explain flow rolling to the new guy, and then did a round of rolling with him. Again, he did well for being so new. Rolled with Parker (twice I think), C, Russ and Karey. Might have been one more in there that I don't remember. C worked me over pretty good. I was little ticked that he was able to get a submission on me. Nothing of note from anyone else. Energy was great, especially considering it was my second class of the day. Parker said that I have a second set of arms b/c of how I use my legs. Pretty sure it was a compliment. He's a big dude, probably over 6' and 200lb+.

After class I was a demo dummy for Russ to go over some techniques. I think he was getting a little impatient with me b/c I couldn't read his mind as to how he wanted me to set up positions. I try not to take it personally though, as he's getting a bit stressed about testing on Saturday.

No comments: