Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Wednesday Morning

My head was not really in it to start class today. Not necessarily in a bad way, but more of a just going on auto-pilot sortof way. I had a hard time going to sleep last night, likely due to a barista ignoring my request for decaf coffee yesterday afternoon. 

Class was run similar to advanced class, with 5min of drilling what you want then switching. I worked grip breaks until my legs were tired, then the DLR -> Sickle Sweep -> RDLR until my abs got tired. That left a minute to work on the Rafa half guard smash pass. I was hoping for more feedback from my partner but there wasn't really time.

More smash pass with the next person, then smash and split passing. After that I worked on the guard breaks and passes that I'll be covering in class on Saturday.

Rolled with Chris, Jason S., Shaun and then spent a round going over the passes with James. Picked up some important details that I was missing.

It was the first time in quite awhile that I felt like I had a competitive roll with Jason. I don't think I ever had him in serious trouble, but I was at least in a neutral position looking for attacks more than I was in crappy positions. 

Rolls with Chris and Shaun were about the same that they usually were. Came close on a straight arm-bar with Shaun, but didn't pursue it b/c we were rolling light.

No comments: