Friday, April 10, 2015

Thursday Night

Walter brought the purple shirts for Rachael and I. It doesn't look as good on me as it did on Rodrigo, but whatever. New favorite shirt.

We had about 30 people show up. A different take of KOTH that I sortof liked. Set the timer for 4min rounds. 7 people down and stay down for three rounds while people from the wall rotate through. Once three rounds have gone by, a different set of people down for another three rounds. We only rolled for an hour or so, and I ended up down once. 

Started off with Tien, who was doing surprisingly well considering how long he's been out. I tried to work sweeps from open guard but he was shutting it down pretty good. Then a rest for me.

Kasey, new guy Chase, Nick and Christopher. Rest. Fernando. I think that was it. I did surprisingly well with Kasey, mostly b/c he moved around more than usual instead of wrist-locking me from within my own guard. He wasn't going full smash, but it seemed like I was able to retain guard with what he was giving me. I inverted a couple of times which can be a scary prospect with him.

I was a flower sweep kick and was flower sweeping the white belts multiple times. Nick started using spider guard which gave me some troubles but I eventually got through it to side-control, mount, finish. I felt exhausted in that roll, which was no bueno. 

Christopher unintentionally dropped his weight quickly and hard on my chest at one point, resulting in an 'oooooooooooooof'. He asked if I was ok and it was fine. Took my breath away for a minute.

Fernando got an omoplata that I from which I tried unsuccessfully to roll out. When that didn't work I tried to rotate my arm (I was flatted out at this point) to no avail. I could tell he was trying to work a shoulder or arm-lock but thought it was loose enough for me to make space. It wasn't and I had to tap loudly and fast when he pressured it in a specific direction. I rolled like crap with him.

I felt soooooo tired for most of my rolls. Similar to Wednesday night, I was downright exhausted. Just need to get through one event at a time. Two and half hour seminar tonight (during which I may roll with Walter and participate in a shark tank on a couple of people). Hour long take-down private with Walter tomorrow morning. Shark tank at least one person tomorrow night. Maybe roll with Walter on Sunday. Aeeeeeiiii.


No comments: