Friday, April 17, 2015

Fri Morn No Gi

Woke up feeling very meh, but a cup of coffee and copious amounts of sunshine more or less fixed that. Would have liked very much to not have to go to work today.

Technique was transitioning to s-mount from side-control or getting a near side arm-bar by getting them into a sortof crucifix from top side. I don't even know how to explain it using words. 

James' back was bugging him, so after a couple of techniques we started rolling. Laurie, Chris, Jason S., Christopher, Ryan and Shaun. Might be forgetting someone.

I felt like I would do a bunch of crappy things and then one really good thing in my rolls. I was getting smashed quite a bit, especially from Christopher. He perched on top of me and I couldn't help but let out some grunts as I was gasping for air. 

Chris got me in several submissions, including what I think was a peruvian necktie or something along those lines. He doesn't have much of a middle ground...either he's using his strength to smash or he goes limp. I don't mind that he subs me, but when he just completely sits back and practically sets an arm-bar up for me to finish after he gets a sub is off-putting.

Ryan had top control for awhile but I was able to defend (barely) and eventually got to a top position b/c he was holding out for an arm submission that wasn't going to happen. He also went for a heel hook. Wtf with heel hooks at blue? A promoted-less-than-a-week-ago-blue at that?

Shaun wanted to flow roll, and as he started cranking an arm submission I asked him if we were still flowing. He told me he was intending to do catch and release submissions, but the way he was cranking it gave me the impression that he forgot we were flowing. From there out was fine, as he truly did catch-and-release.

All in all, jiu jitsu still not much fun. :(

No comments: