Monday, April 6, 2015

Monday Night Droid Roll

Submissions from top side-control. Trapping the near arm to move to a cross choke, brabo choke or slide across their body for a straight arm-bar on the far side. Also from the sortof kesa position there's the wrist lock, americana using your legs and another wrist-lock if you trap their arm and they try to grab your belt or back.

KOTH, win by mount or submission. Started with Rachael...and we went for the entire half hour. I started off strong by passing and staying on top. A little over halfway through I lost my top position and ended up godawful side-control for at least 10min. Near the end I finally wiggled out.

She nearly had mount at least once if not twice. I came relatively close on a paper-cutter from top side early on.

We were wrecked by the end. I overheard Jamie refer to our roll as a "droid roll", presumably because we just keep going and going. Hopefully it isn't a reference to herky jerky movements....

No comments: