Thursday, April 23, 2015

Thursday

Kelly taught in place of Russ, who had to work late. Poor bastard.

Technique consisted of DLR sweeps. Sit-up sweep, RDLR sickle sweep and tomoe nage. A little kiss of the dragon at the end that we didn't have time to drill.

Rolls with Tien, Kelly, Kayla, Daniel and Chaz. Did fairly well with everyone except Chaz and Kelly. Kelly was letting me get to better positions then working out of them. Chaz just kicked my ass like usual. I get into trouble so fast with him. He tried to set up a knee-bar from top position at least twice, and I like to think that I foiled his plans with good defense.

I was getting a little down on myself when rolling with Kelly and Chaz, but not too bad. It's not so much that I expect to win, but I feel like I ought to be at least competitive. Or something. I was frustrated because I was running out of gas. Not quite as bad as last week where I felt downright exhausted mid-roll, but definitely more tired than I should have been. 

Just need to be patient.

No comments: