Thursday, February 19, 2015

Wed Night

Technique was triangle from guard, setting it up from hip bump sweep or if they are digging their elbows into your thighs. Finishing the triangle if they posture, or moving to arm-bars if you can't break their posture. Baratoplata if they posture and defend armbars.

KOTH (win by mount or sub) and it was a train-wreck. Went with Chaz at least twice and I could tell that he was setting subs up and letting them go. I had a few good defensive measures, but completely out-classed (as usual). Kasey wrist-locked me fast and hard from inside my guard. Not cool. Zack got me with a foot-lock. I had his lapel early on and then let it go for some unimaginable reason. That gave him the space to lean back into it and finish it. Lesson learned. James had me mounted in about 30 sec. 

I was pretty discouraged after class. Some perspective though...Kasey is a 4-stripe purple, Chaz is an 8yr purple and James is a black belt. The only one that I really should have a beef with myself is letting go of the lapel on the foot-lock defense. 

I realized I'm putting too much pressure on myself in the guise of preparing for Pans. I need to back off that attitude b/c it's going to result in more harm than good.

No comments: