Monday, February 23, 2015

Monday Morn

Woke up and didn't really want to get out of bed. Mornings after the Sat double class and Sunday advanced class are kindof tough.

Slight variation of the hip bump sweep by using a cross grip to control their post hand and then yank it away before they can actually post on it. 

From there, mount submissions including arm-bar setups if their elbows are high or low and switching to a far-side arm-bar/shoulder-lock/omoplata if you can't free the near side arm.

Picked up a few details on everything that'll hopefully stick.

Rolled non-stop with Sarah for the entirety of the rolling portion. I felt good about how much I was able to control and consistently get to the back, but I made a couple of bone-headed mistakes. At one point she timed a sweep perfectly as I back-stepped, and I thought to myself that it was a sublime use of technique and timing.

Probably going to do class tonight as well.


No comments: