Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Classes

Went to class on 2/4, but as soon as I walked in the door I lost it and walked right back out. I think I knew as soon as she started getting sick that it wasn't going to be a happy ending.

Friday morning I had it a little more together and was able to stay composed throughout class. Marcelo, one of Walter's black belts from Brazil was visiting. He went over a couple of techniques and then James went over a couple. Nando did a good job translating, though it took them a little bit to get into the groove. It was good to get out and get the blood flowing.

Saturday morning seminar with Marcello. He went over at least eight techniques from a variety of positions. I like seminars that focus on one area, but I also appreciate the ones that cover a variety b/c it's interesting to see different takes on the same thing. 

I felt guilty about going to class on Saturday, but I needed a clear head.

Went to class on Monday and mostly kept it together. I was rolling with Chuck and had him in a choke/crank from top quarter guard. I realized that I was yanking the hell out of his neck and figured it was probably more crank than choke. I knew it was because I was angry and trying to get out frustrations, at which point I started to lose it a bit. Stopped the roll, went in the back and took some time to myself. Came back out and rolled with Chris and Jason. Really had no desire to be there, but it was good for me.

Sarah was a real sweetheart, showing up for the seminar and Monday morning's class even though she was tired and not feeling well. I'm glad she was there. 

No comments: