Monday, February 2, 2015

Monday Morn

Top side-control submissions. Near-side arm-bar going to s-mount or using far-side arm to go to s-mount on the other side. Head wasn't really in it, but still seemed to do ok on technique.

Good roll with Jason S., I even passed his guard. I think it was legitimate, although he might have let me. Tough to tell.

Jeremy next, very tough white belt. Slowed him down with grips, got to his back in a scramble and then bow and arrow choke.

Chuck, another very tough white belt. Usually he gets top position, but today I was able to isolate his arm at least twice for submissions. Omoplata from a guardish position and another from...can't remember where. Passed his guard, got to mount and harassed him to end the round. Far and away the best I've ever rolled against him.

Shaun, who went for a footlock. I used the defense that Jason W went over last week and it was really useful. Was able to defend the submission, pass the guard and work from the back for the majority of the round.

Blaine was in my closed guard and I tried like hell to sweep him but couldn't budge him. He got to the knee cut position a couple of times, but I was able to regain guard. I finally did an arm-drag to his back and was harassing him from there for the remainder of the round.

Did much better in rolls than I expected.

Sarah was out with miserable stomach pain, Antone's knee was totaled on Friday and one of our training partner's husband had a serious medical problem last night. Not a good start to the month.

No comments: