Friday, February 13, 2015

Wed Night and Fri Morning

Can't remember what we went over Wed night. We had a lot of new folks. I worked with Blaine on whatever it was. Don't remember anything about the rolls.

This morning we had two new women (their first class), so Sarah and I split and worked with them. Basic guard break, pass and then a rolling back attack. The women I worked with, Bailey, did very well. It's funny how people are prone to different movements, i.e. constantly too far forward or too far back, too much distance or not enough, etc. The timid vs. the overly aggressive. 

Rolled with Bailey and told her that her goal was to get to a top position with her hips past my hips. She went for a lot of wrist control in my guard, which I didn't do much about except break the grips. I kept trying to do a flower sweep but wasn't doing a good job of controlling her posting arm. I didn't adapt well to the gi (me) vs. no gi (her). 

Rest of the time rolled with Sarah, and turned up my usual intensity on her. I'm working on getting my hips forward more during the initial part of passes and I'm seeing improvement. I got myself in some bad spots though, namely exposing my back during a couple of passes b/c I didn't get the underhook. Not a good error to make, but at least I know what it is.

The past couple of days have been rough. I was on the fence last night about teaching Fundamentals on Saturday, but I think it'll be ok. Working with someone new today took my mind off everything else.

No comments: