Monday, February 2, 2015

Sat & Sun

Fundamentals was well attended again, 9 people I think. Went over very basic mount escapes. Felt like I might have been boring people a bit, but basics are basics and that's what the class is about. Would like to find some more theory or interesting stuff for the mount stuff though to sprinkle in.

Noon class was large, over 20 ppl. James went over the same DLR sweeps as Friday. Rolled Rachael (got my ass kicked) and can't remember who else.

Sunday class was moved up to noon instead of 1pm b/c of Super Bowl. Speaking of Super Bowl....bleh what a heartbreaking finish. Anyways, I drilled guard pull, top side transitions, breaking butterfly hooks, and split pass. Rolled with Rachael where I got owned again, Chaz, Manny and maybe Clayton. I didn't feel like I rolled particularly well. I asked Chaz after class if he had any advice for me and he gave me some great feedback on how I'm letting my torso get way in front of my knees when I'm trying to pass. Also some advice on jamming up the guard players legs.

Very busy weekend and now dog is sick, so feeling a little scattered.

No comments: