Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Wed Morn

Well....shit. James found out today his dog has bone cancer. What the actual fuck.

He was in no shape to teach class, so Jason, Dennis and I tag-teamed and went over a sweep and a couple of passes. I covered the split pass from Ryan Hall that I've been working with over the past month. Went fairly well. Julio told me after class that he used it on someone during rolling.

Rolled with Savannah, Joe, Dennis, Julio and Jason S. Savannah wanted to work her open guard and I happily obliged by smash passing. This was one of Joe's first classes back after at least two months off. He got at least one sweep, and was instinctively doing a lot of good stuff. 

Can't remember much of my roll with Dennis. I think he had top control for the most part. He had mount and was working for chokes. I eventually escapes but I don't think I was ever in a decent position.

Julio let me work from guard and top side for most of the round. He showed me a nice option for an arm-bar when I have the arm-wrap from closed guard and am trying to work the choke. Simply pull the arm they're using to defend the choke and then attack an armbar. 

Jason worked a mix of guard and passing. I did a better job than usual of pummeling with my legs to retain guard. 

I did some experimental stuff today, not on purpose but moreso when I was in an odd position and wasn't quite sure what to do. I'm giving myself some slack.

No comments: