Monday, December 15, 2014

Wrasslin & Advanced Class

Sat Fundies:

Had 6 people, all of them fairly inexperienced. That is a good number for me to give individual attention. Went over arm-bar, omoplata and triangle from guard in no gi. 

Sat Noon:

Wrestling seminar which I had been dreading. Turned out to be a good learning experience and I daresay fun. I'm not going to double-leg an opponent anytime soon, but I enjoyed the exposure to something a little different. Worked with Joyce, and we both had an explicit agreement that we were not going to let each other get injured.

After class I rolled no gi with Jerry, who was back after a multi-month lay-off. I kept trying to weave my arm between his legs while he had half guard so I could smash his legs down for the pass. I was arm-barred repeatedly.

Sunday:

I was wiped Saturday night but woke up with a surprising amount of energy on Sunday morn. Was too rushed doing tasking stuff before class though, and got a bit worn down. Also didn't have time to plan my drilling, so it was hit and miss. Tried to work the RDLR passes and met with a lot of fail. Tried several different techniques and really nothing felt very good.

Rolled with Russ, Jerry, Kelly, Shaun, Jason S., Jason W. and James. I was pretty happy with my rolls overall. James can't work from his back b/c of a tattoo, so if you could get a sweep you would win. I came very, very close to getting him on his back after he back-stepped but alas I couldn't quite finish.

No comments: