Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Wed - At Least the Dog was Cozy

Monday night, the dog gives me the sad eyes and wants to sleep in the bed. Well...fine. The problem is that this 50lb pooch crowds me to the edge of the bed as night wears on, so I wake up preztelfied and my back is seriously unhappy.

Tuesday it was bad and very stiff after sitting in the office for 10hrs. I did a light lift workout Tuesday night to try to stretch it out. It felt sortof better and sortof worse.

Felt better this morning, but still areas of unhappiness. Probably shouldn't have gone to class, but I told myself that I was going to take it really, really easy.

Had a bit of a rough go of it during warm-ups, as pummeling was fine but fighting for the underhooks was dicey. Stretching felt good but some of it was somewhat uncomfortable.

Started off with a half guard sweep that I was fine as the top person but not so much on the bottom. It involved on halfway inverting on the shoulder, which was kindof fine, but kicking the leg out not so much. I wasn't a great training partner for Sarah. :( 

Everything I tried felt at least somewhat uncomfortable. I was able to show a DLR back-take fairly well though, so there's that. 

Wasn't going to roll, but felt ok so flowed with Sarah, Chris, Shaun and Jason S. If someone got to side-control I punted b/c bridging was out of the question. Working from the top was ok, until I got into top side-control and tried to attack the far arm for an americana. Nope. Guard was ok to maintain, sweeps were tricky.

I probably could have stayed away to let my back chill, but I think stretching and movement was good for it.

 

2 comments:

SavageKitsune said...

Did the dog at least keep you warm?

Relax On The Mat said...

I don't mess around in the winter and have pretty warm bed as it is. Her sole purpose is to crowd me to the edge of the bed by morning.