Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Mumbling Wednesday

I mumble waaaaay more than I would like, especially in class. I have the impression that people can hear me when they can't, and that's WITHOUT the mouthguard. Note to self to speak up and clearly.

Got through a nice lift and cardio session last night, so figured my body was in good enough shape for morning class. Slept godawful, but still felt decent.

Technique consisted of the DLR dump sweep, rolling underneath if they break the far side grip, and using their elbow to forward roll them if you can't get a sleeve grip on either side. Techniques all felt pretty good. Ideally for all of these you have a shin guard instead of the DLR hook dropped on the floor, but getting my shin in front isn't intuitive. That will take a lot of drilling to change.

Rolls with Sarah, Richard, Antone, Russ, Jason S. and Ben.

Did well against Sarah, though in her defense she apparently had a crappy night of sleep as well. I had good top pressure and was patient about getting to mount.

Richard looked beat, but really came after me trying to pass my guard. I maintained guard but it was a struggle. I can't remember if I got a sub or not.

Fun roll with Antone. He went for a back attack and I worked hard to try to get the shallower hook, but he was better at it and eventually was able to get my back off the mat. We had quite a few transitions and quite a bit of variety.

I came out of the gate with Russ with the intent of pressure passing and stayed focused on that. I think I eventually did get the pass. Most of the round was me trying to get the pass and flattening him out.

I didn't have much left for Jason or Ben. Jason got that lapel/spiderguard and was a step ahead of me the entire way. I was barely able to avoid getting in really bad spots, but barely. Ben toyed with my closed guard for a bit, passed using the super annoying trap-your-arm-behind-your-back method then finished a head/arm choke from mount. 

No comments: