Thursday, December 18, 2014

Wed Night

Body was tired but mind was willing for another class.

Submission escapes, which made me quite happy. I've been looking forward to doing some for quite awhile. 

We really only worked two, b/c we had quite a few white belts in class. Arm-in and arm-out versions of the guillotine from guard escape, escaping a kimura from top-half guard and escaping a kimura from top side-control. Drilled with Russ and everything felt pretty good. We should have split up and drilled with the white belts though. 

Rolls with Russ, Joyce, Opal and Missy and then a couple of rounds with Nando after class. Russ was letting me work a bit, but not too much. It seemed like a pretty competitive roll. I gave some feedback after each roll with the women, which they seem to appreciate.

Nando had a more difficult time passing my guard than usual. He's also hasn't been consistent with attendance...in fact, I can't remember the last time he was in regularly. I was definitely doing a better job of leg weaving though. He got me in N/S and was about to sink a choke when my calf started cramping badly. I had a bunch of bananas and water yesterday but probably not enough sodium. We rolled for awhile longer and then he showed me an escape from N/S.

No comments: