Monday, December 1, 2014

Monday Morn

I promised Sarah that I had some epic deep half sweeps that I was going to try out on her today. That turned out to be a lot of hot air on my part.

Omoplata set-ups and alternative finishes today. Felt pretty good with them, overall. The switch to arm-bar when if they try to snaggle your far leg didn't feel quite right, probably b/c I wasn't getting my hips all the way around. 

The response to when they throw their leg over felt a little dicey too, but it was mostly b/c I wasn't using their momentum to bring me up. It also has to be a realistic jump over on their part. I liked the back-rolling option too. It feels like you get stuck midway through, but once you get your hips turned toward the mat you're well on the way home.

Rolls with Sarah, Jason S., Sol and then Sarah again. Sarah let me pull deep half. I got partly through a sweep, didn't hip heist like Kelly told me yesterday and blew it. I wasn't all there mentally that first match and made a lot of mistakes. 

Jason started that lapel guard nonsense. I might have tried to pick a poor time to bolo. I was in a bad spot for a piece of time, as he came close to get full back-control. He was setting up for a bow and arrow, but I was able to get the choking arm off. I then ended up in a kimura or americana grip that seemed tight but he didn't or couldn't finish. Transitioned to arm-bar that I was able to fully escape. 

Sol had top side-control for most of the time, though I did a fairly decent job of defending submissions and ending up in really crappy side-control.

Second roll with Sarah I tried to bolo from a weird spot and she was able to completely reverse it. Awesome for her. It was fun to try to work my way out of it get the shallow hook.

No comments: