Monday, December 22, 2014

Sunday Advanced

Body feeling ok except kinda tired.

Today's drill session went much better for me than last week. I tried transitioning from a knee slice to knee over pass and back again, but a) I was doing poorly and b) it was very uncomfortable for Russ. Since I wasn't sure if I was doing it right, I decided to work the lasso sweep to hammer sweep transition, the over-under pass (which I'm really enjoying) and can't remember what else.

Rolls with Russ, Kasey, Jason W., James and Antone. 

I was able to get into the over-under pass position with Russ but couldn't complete the pass. He had strong frames with his hands and I wasn't able to kick my leg out. I think it's b/c I didn't walk him flat, so he still a lot of play in his leg. I felt like I was stalling out in the position, so eventually moved back into a more traditional top half guard. 

Kasey went for a leg lock rather quickly. Aside from that, he let me work top side a bit. I stayed out of closed guard but couldn't really get grips to do anything worthwhile in open guard.

Jason also went for several leg locks. I was able to roll out of a toe hold. Can't remember much else about that roll. 

I was looking forward to rolling with James but don't think I did all that well. I did feel like I tried some new things instead of old things that have the same (bad) predictable result. 

Antone pretty much kicked my ass and I was starting to feel a little bit sorry for myself but managed to keep it in check. 

No comments: