Monday, December 22, 2014

Monday Morn

Huge class for a weekday morning, around 20 ppl.

Body still tired, but good enough for class. Got through this morning ok and now there's just night class. After that, I'll have at least three days without any rolling.........unless I cave and go to no gi tomorrow night.

Today's format was similar to Sunday advanced. I worked shin guard -> single leg X -> 50/50 -> leg drag, DLR -> RDLR -> DLR and then the rest of my time was spent on the over/under pass. It finally struck me today that the over/under is a pressure pass, and I found it ironic b/c I'm not a big pressure person. I've been kindof diving into it from loosely established half guards, which may not be a wise course of action. I need to have both of my knees above their knee, which means I need to pinch them together. Sol was doing a good job of pushing my elbow away on the "under" side, so I need to focus on keeping my elbow in tighter. I gained a lot of insight on the pass working with him.

Rolls with Savannah, Sol and then drilled again with Sarah. Nothing remarkable from the rolls. Just when I think I'm sortof out of the woods in an omoplata escape with Sol I get wrist-locked. Trying to pass his half guard was awful. He's really, really good at exposing elbows.

Signed up for Pans today...

No comments: