Friday, December 12, 2014

Friday

I might have committed to doing both 2015 Pans and Master Worlds last night.  -.-

Technique was a bit on the complex side today, consisting of passing someone who is in the midst of inverting while in RDLR. Also a response to the lockdown and then a somewhat related pass off of a backstep.

KOTH with the goal being a pass or sweep only. Person down starts in seated guard.

I was very quickly swept by everyone with whom I was matched. Swept, on the wall. Swept, on the wall. Humbling, but good. In hindsight, I gave up on a lot of the attempted sweeps instead of fighting and clawing to keep my ass off the mat. If I'm going to be spending a truckload on competitions next year, I need to get out of them mindset. 

Come to think of it, I need to get out of this mindset, regardless of how much competing (or not competing.

I finally got a pass on Shaun and was able to stay down and play guard the rest of the time.

Tomorrow's noon class is going to be strictly wrestling. FML.

EDIT: Wanted to mention a couple of things that I did well during the KOTH rolls. I've drilled getting rid of butterfly hooks (standing) a la Ryan Hall, and I was able to use that once during an attempted pass. I did a pretty decent job of breaking grips, especially in my first roll with Jason S. I also got a knee slice on two different people by taking my knee across their shin instead of across their thigh. 




No comments: