Friday, December 19, 2014

Fri Morn No Gi

Ehhhhhhhh...... rolling is sliding into that not very fun realm this week. Drilling is going well and I'm enjoying that aspect, but I feel like the upper belts are just toying with me and it's making it decidedly un-fun. Today, Kelly decided to calf slicer me several times before moving on to something else. Granted, I wasn't adapting enough to stop him from doing it, but come on.

I feel like the worst grappler in the room, which is a really unpleasant place to be. Especially when I really start boo hooing it...five years in, and still the worst.

I'm tempted to just teach Fundies tomorrow and skip noon class, depending on who's there and how I'm feeling. 

On a more positive note, my lifting has been going well. I've been doing it consistently three times a week and have been adding in metcons. Following CFFB for the Mon/Tue/Thu workouts.

3 comments:

SavageKitsune said...

One of Those Days. I don't think we will ever stop having them at least occasionally.... even at black belt.

Relax On The Mat said...

That realization has recently hit me and it's kindof bumming me out. I should feel grateful that there will always be a ton of people that push me and therefore make me better, but it's also somewhat demoralizing that I'm always going to get my ass kicked by most of the people that I roll with.

SavageKitsune said...

Welcome to my life. ;)