Saturday, February 22, 2014

No Governor

Additional rolling after class and going in early tomorrow to drill probably aren't smart for my recovery, but whatever. I don't have a governor. 

James asked me to warm up the class, which was a bit of a surprise. He then asked me what topic to cover, again, color me caught off guard. I decided on side-control escapes, b/c that's far and away where I'm weakest. 

He went over some great details on the simple bridge to re-guard and both arms under that I'm going to drill. Also did a transition to d'arce and then one that was a bit more complex that I was having a hard time understanding.

Rolled with Rachael, Savannah, Allana and Clayton. Rachael pretty much kicked my ass. Savannah passed my guard but I got her in a very tight triangle but somehow couldn't finish it. I think I applied too much pressure too quickly instead of doing so by increments. I could tell that she was really, really determined not to tap. Allanah was a bit of a limp noodle, which is to be expected of a youngster. Clayton mauled me. 

After class, rolled once or twice with Rachael in gi and once with Nando. He kicked my ass. Then Rachael and I rolled no gi for around 45min or so. We tried to suss out the NAGA point system between rounds and didn't have much success. I might have committed to coming to the Tuesday night no gi classes, but am not sure as I was tired at that point.

No comments: