Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Back

I probably could have waited another day or two to get back on the mats, but the inactivity was driving me crazy. I figured if I was well enough to go back into the office, I was well enough to go to class. That was mostly true.

Was able to work with Sarah, which was nice because I wasn't looking forward to drilling with a behemoth while I was getting my legs back under me. Felt fine during warm-ups and techniques. We were doing positional transitions: back-mount escape to side-control, transitioning from side to side, KOB, side to side KOB and then back-mount. I'm not very good at any of the side to side transitions. Today I felt a little more lost than usual, which I expected. 

Rolled with Sarah, Ryan, Tyrone and Sol. I took a break after Tyrone b/c I was feeling a little gassed and didn't want to push too much. Lower belt got to start with back-mount, both hands under. I did fairly well with Sarah and Ryan, although Sarah and I got into an utter stalemate twice. I couldn't help but laugh at the absurdity. I was able to get a guard on Tyrone and came close to triangle but couldn't seal the deal. He passed, I regained guard and had a pretty decent omoplata when time ran out. After sitting out a round, I went with Sol. I was able to keep his back for a piece a time, but he eventually escaped and passed my guard. We spent the remainder of the round with him in top side-control. I defended pretty well, but couldn't mount much of an escape at all.

Had a terrible calf cramp when rolling with Ryan. Neglected bananas and didn't drink enough water over the past week. Pretty tired, but unless I feel like death when I wake up tomorrow I think I'm going to be ok.

No comments: