Friday, February 28, 2014

Next Stop: Heat Pack

I don't know what caused it, but my back is pretty pissed off. I think I slept on it wrong the night before last, b/c yesterday it was fairly obnoxious. I figured a good night's sleep and it would be all better today. It was better, but not all better. I could tell in the warm-ups that I'd be doing a lot of wincing in class if I didn't sit out. Of course, I chose not to sit out. It didn't hurt all the time, just during some twisting movements. It wasn't a spasm, but a soreness like someone hit me with a bat. I figured that since it wasn't in spasm that I wasn't in much danger of making it worse.

Dennis  taught today and went over guard breaks and the tripod sweep. Breaking the guard and passing felt fine, but when Nate did it to me I was scared silly. He did a really good job of not stacking and twisting me around, which I was very, very grateful. I thought falling back from tripod sweep would hurt but that was surprisingly ok.

I asked Nate to do a flow roll with me after technique. Moving from one side to the other or being flat on my back at any point in between was not happiness. I didn't feel comfortable pulling my torso and knees together, so that pretty much made me useless when I was in a bottom position. I was worried about transitioning positions, so called it a day after that. Rolled my back and stretched while everyone else rolled. Hoping another good night of sleep fixes it.

No comments: