Sunday, February 23, 2014

Advanced Class

On more than on occasion, I wondered to myself why I picked this particular sport. The drilling portion was awesome, but I felt like it was one of those days where I was getting completely crushed during the rolls. Literal and figurative crushing. I got bopped in the nose so hard at one point that I was certain that it was going to result in a bleeder, but fortunately that didn't come to pass. My head was taking most of the beating today. 

I didn't feel very on during the rolls. I caught myself a couple of times doing really, really stupid things. I guess there's some achievement in the fact that I know they were stupid. It's frustrating, but that's part of the process of learning. 

I drilled a leg drag and diving under the leg for passes but most of the time I spent on using a leg lasso for omoplata, triangle and sweep. I had intended to do more side control escapes but didn't. 

I'm still not 100% healthy but I'm having no problems during the rolls. It might be contributing to me doing stupid things but probably not. I feel good even after going about 2.5hrs yesterday and 2.5hrs today.

No comments: