Monday, February 10, 2014

Advanced Class

I was stiff and creaky when I woke up Sunday morning. I had rehydrated myself the night before and was able to sleep in so I wasn't as bad off as I could've been. I took the dog out to the ridge in the morning before class, and by the time I got back I was feeling back to normal. I figured I'd at least do the drilling portion and skip out on the rolls if my body wasn't up to it.

Better attendance than last week but still fairly small. I started off drilling the leg drag (DLR), diving under the DLR, DLR back-take, and leg lasso techniques from earlier in the week. I tried to do the waiter sweep a couple of times and the sickle sweep but those were disasters. I can't believe I had an entire private lesson on those and I'm still completely lost. 

I picked up a couple of good details on the leg drag and leg lasso which I think will really help me actually use them during rolls.

Rolled with Clayton, Jason (p), Dennis and Russ. I don't remember much about any of the rolls other than Russ and Jason were pretty dominant. I did better against Clayton than I usually do, so I had that going for me. I had Dennis' back at the end of the round, but I'm not sure it was a completely legitimate back-take.

No comments: