Friday, January 10, 2014

In Control from Bad Positions

I am loving my new schedule. Getting sufficient sleep almost every night and have been able to fit lifting back into my weekly program.

Today we did attacks from KOB. Cross-choke into d'arce, gi d'arce, baseball bat (knee over their arm or knee past their arm) and pulling them up to take the back. Felt good with all of them.

Rolls with Sarah (twice), Sol and Jason (b). I felt smooth and very much in control today, even when I was in bad positions (if that makes sense). Sol had top position most of the time but wasn't able to complete any submissions. I was able to feed my knees through even better than usual. I couldn't do any collar chokes or some of my usual escapes from kesa gatame b/c he recently had tattoos done on his collarbone.

I stayed the hell away from Sarah's 50/50 and instead worked pressure passes or DLR. I controlled those rolls for the most part, and even tried some new techniques from earlier in the week. I made some adjustments on my bottom deep half to make it more effective.

Jason got me with at least one or two arm-bars early on. After that I stayed out of bad positions. More or less. He did get a bow and arrow but it wasn't quite enough under the chin so I was able to pry his arm off. I almost got his back and swept him a couple of times.

Overall, was really, really happy with how I rolled.

Going to drink another gallon or so of water for the open mat tonight in CDA. Looking forward to rolling with a bunch of people I've never rolled with before.

No comments: