Sunday, January 12, 2014

Advanced Class

I LOVE this class. I did most of the same techniques as last week. Waiter sweep, DLR back-take, RDLR sickle sweep. I spent a little while transitioning between them, trying to initiate an effective movement based on my partner's response. The waiter sweep wasn't going very well for numerous reasons, and I a bit of help from James after class as to what I was doing wrong. I also the half guard sweep where you bury your head in their hip and dive under their free leg. That was one technique that was feeling really smooth.

Rolls with Jason (b), Jason (p), James and Jason (b) again. First roll with Jason (b) was a controlled and fairly even. I don't remember if I was on top, but I did threaten a triangle from guard until he worked his way out of it. It was an interesting escape that I haven't seen before. I'll have to ask him about that next week.

I had probably one of the best rolls that I've ever had with Jason (p). I don't think it was a matter of him letting me work...I felt like I was legitimately making things happen. He did get me with a wrist lock. I identified the danger a split second too late, and that's all it took.

Had a fantastic roll with James. Not sure to what extent he was letting me work, but I felt like I was hitting the right movements at the right time. This time I did identify a potential wrist lock in time and was able to get out of it. He didn't submit me, and in the last 30sec I tried like hell to keep him from sweeping me but couldn't stop it. I worked my ass off during that roll and was exhausted after.

Jason (b) and I did a flow roll for the final roll. It was a true flow roll, and I was happy for it after the tough one with James.

Have I mentioned I LOVE this class?



No comments: