Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Week of June 22nd

I'm getting lax on posting, not sure why.

Didn't end up going to SLC after all. 

Did several classes last week, don't remember anything remarkable. I did have a couple of rolls with James in which I felt like I did pretty well. I did the Advanced class on Sunday and then took Mon and Tue off. Two consecutive days off felt like forever. It's hot as hell here, getting up 108F last Sunday and consistently in the 95F+ range. Nothing below 90F in sight.  :(

I had a day where I felt exhaustion during rolls, but the next day I was fine. This morning's class was 20+ and I rolled with a bunch of big dudes.... Chris P., Dennis, Jason S. and Jason W. I felt overwhelmed a couple of times but overall my defense was fairly decent. I was in pretty crap positions for the most part. A lot of getting smashed in bottom side control.

I haven't been able to watch/focus on Mendes vids for the month of June and I feel like my progress has stalled a little bit. BJJ has been an afterthought for the most part.

Doing double class today and drinking as much water as I can beforehand.

Received a quote for an home AC unit this morning and there's good news and bad news. The bad news is that I can't afford it. The good news is that the money I would have had to put into that can go into tournaments this year and next.

 

2 comments:

SavageKitsune said...

Open windows with fans in them. Oh, and sitting around the house in the nude.

Relax On The Mat said...

Believe me, I've doing a lot of window/fan finagling. It turns out that even a small 5000 BTU AC window unit can keep the house tolerable, so I lucked out there.