Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Double Class Monday

Rachael's going to Master Worlds!!!!! We both registered today, so that's pretty awesome.

Knew that I wanted to do the morning class for sure, but figured there was a 50/50 chance I wouldn't do evening class. However, since Rachael found out yesterday afternoon that Worlds was going to be a thing, the evening class was a no brainer.

James covered sweeps from the knee cut pass, specifically the omoplata if you can separate their elbow from their body, the bump and twist sweep and taking the back if the twist sweep doesn't work. I was working with a very new girl (her second class), so spent a good portion of the time going over the knee cut itself and less on the sweeps. 

Rolled with Anjela, Dennis, Jason S. and can't remember who else. Similar theme to Sunday...I did some things right, but was in bad positions a fair amount.

For evening class, James went over setting up the kneebar and toe hold when you're the one back-stepping out of a knee cut pass and then defending the backstep. Drilled with Rachael, and fortunately we didn't have a third person assigned to us so that we could get a lot of high quality and quantity reps.

Rolling was KOTH, win by back, mount or sub. I started down, and Rachael came over first. We ended up rolling the entire time, even though I took her back at about 15min in and she got an armbar about 10min later. I felt good throughout, in that I never felt like I was flagging in a big way for energy. If I don't feel excessively tired rolls then I'm happy. 

"Flow" rolled with Clayton after class (we both sortof went for submissions) for at least 5min and then Sarah for at least another 5min awhile later.

Was out like a light for the night and a bit groggy when I woke up this morning. A big cup of coffee made everything better.

No comments: