Friday, July 31, 2015

Friday Morn

Arm-bar from mount. Entrances, finishing on top, breaking the defensive grip from on top or from the side. Great level of detail on everything.

Rolled with Sarah for the entirety of the rolling portion of class. I started off strong, but then she got a great position with my arm trapped for a shoulder-lock in the 50/50. She wasn't able to quite finish, but it was a great catch. We spent a fair amount of time getting in and out of 50/50. I tried bolo'ing her several times to no avail. I finally got past step #1 of my knee cut to leg drag technique that I drilled last Sunday. In fact I made it to step #2, but didn't have enough pressure so it devolved into a scramble.

Good, fun roll all around. We started standing and I got the takedown by virtue of size/strength. I think I'm going to have to abandon the John Smith single.

No comments: