Friday, July 24, 2015

Back in the Fray

I barely feel like I'm back, and had a so-so rolling session on Wednesday morning. Nonetheless, last night James asked if I would cover the morning class today. I haven't been feeling especially confident in any of my techniques aside from things that I've already shown on the occasions that I've taught regular classes before. So I semi-frantically went through my notebook trying to find something and came across some notes on sweeps from reverse half guard. Voila!

Smallish class for what we've had lately, I think 12 or so. Shaun was the only other purple belt. Folks seemed like what I covered, so that was nice. We had a girl who just started today and unfortunately the techniques were fairly advanced, considering she didn't really know what guard was, much less reverse half guard sweeps. Rachael helped her out, for which I was thankful.

Rolled with new girl, Rachael and Chris N. Rachael got past my guard and it was all over. She slowly and systematically got a kimura for the finish. Had a good roll with Chris, got a sweep, probably got swept back. Very evenly matched.

No comments: