Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Wednesday

Had an absolute shit day at class and have no idea why. I had 5-6hrs of sleep the night before. Not awful, but not great. 

Technique was ok, arm-drag from guard to take the back, arm-drag from guard to half guard twist sweep, arm-drag thing from butterfly where you take the back. Worked with Kris, who seemed to understand the techniques better than I did. This was one of those days were I was just slow.

Regular rolls, win by mount, back-mount or sub. If opponent took your back or subbed you then you owed 10 jumping jacks at the end of the round for each one. I did a lot of jumping jacks. Kris got my back at least once and probably subbed me once. Can't remember the outcome of my roll with Dennis. Joe gave me fits and nearly finished a head and arm triangle from half guard. Nate was going easy on me for some reason. Sol tapped me about a gazillion times. At least one foot lock, a wrist lock, can't remember else.

I was very frustrated by the end of class. Some of it was my not great technique, some of it was being outweighed by 50lb and having guys just shove my legs out of the way or smash smash smash. Unhappy with my jiu jitsu today. Didn't stick around after class b/c I didn't feel like chitchat.

Been doing this over five years and there are still days when I'm spending the vast majority of rolls in awful positions and feeling like I'm getting manhandled the entire time. Mostly b/c of technique, but being lighter in weight definitely plays a part.

Ugh.

No comments: