Monday, October 28, 2013

DLR Sweeps

10/28

Felt much better by today. Good thing, b/c we did DLR sweeps that involved a fair amount of concentration. Another small class.

Rolls with everyone (Jason, Dennis x 2, Todd, James) except Sol. I wasn't at 100% but close enough. Ended up in bottom side quite a bit. James gave me a good tip. When he was in reverse kesa gatame, he told me to get my back on the mat. My tendency is to try to raise up, turn into them and snag the far-side arm. Apparently that's leaving me open to potential back-takes (or something worse) that no one has exploited yet. So file that under good to know. I was using my legs ALOT today to try to elevate him in the midst of escapes, probably b/c I didn't know the right thing to do. I had marginal success, but it felt pretty goofy.

My latest trick of trapping their far-side arm across my shin when I'm in bottom side-control isn't as successful lately. People are wising up to it and not letting me get the position. I'm still able to force it every now and again and use it as an accessory for my hip escapes.

Hoping to get at least five classes this week. So happy to not be stressing about the CF comp anymore.

No comments: